All images on this site are the copyright and possession of BAMimages.
Right-clicking and saving, or downloading, an image you see online without the permission of the photographer is theft.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our services or to communicate with you.
We collect this information in the following ways:
- Communications with us: You provide us with information such as your name and email address when you respond to surveys, use our Contact form, follow us, or post a comment on a blog post. When you communicate with us in these ways we store a copy of the communications.
How and Why We Use Information
BAMimages, and the website provider Automattic, use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To communicate with you. For example, by responding to requests via our Contact form, to respond to “follow” requests and to reply to comments made on our blog posts.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(2) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to communicate with you; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; or
Automattic, the provider of the BAMimages website, have a long-standing policy that they do not sell their users’ data. They aren’t a data broker, they don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and they don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
Information that you choose to make public is — you guessed it — disclosed publicly. That means information such as your “likes” and comments on blog posts, along with your chosen Username (but NOT your email address) are all available for other people to view.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share publicly.
How Long We Keep Information
We discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
Contacting Us About These Rights